Friday, December 14, 2007

We made it home

Eric had to go on travel for 2 weeks so we decided to make it a family trip and go with him. So we drove from northern Oregon to southern California. The boys did AWESOME! While we were there his trip got extended so we ended up being gone for a total of three weeks. I am glad that we put our Christmas tree up before we left. When our trip got extended we decided to take the boys to the happiest place on earth.
It was Eric and the boys first time. It was wonderful. We only had one day so we stayed until midnight. The boys have NEVER stayed up that late. They were troopers. Eric (dh) kept saying how impressed he was with Disneyland. “Every light bulb is lit and it is so clean and all of the employees are so friendly!”

Grant’s favorite ride was the Matterhorn rollercoaster
When we got on Grant and Eli were in the very front, then Eric and Sawyer, and then me. They wouldn’t let us put on Grant and Eli’s seatbelts and they kept reassuring us that the guy at the entrance of the cave would check them. We started going to the cave and he wasn’t stopping us. My boys did not have any seat belt on and I about flew out of my seat. He saw me and he stopped us and he put on their seatbelts. That was the scariest moment for me. We all went on it together and I SCREAMED the whole time, and I was praying OUT LOUD, “Jesus, please let me live!” Obviously, he answered my prayer. Needless to say, I am never going on the matterhorn again.

Eli’s favorite ride was the Astro Orbitors
That was not fun for me either.

Sawyer’s favorite was The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. We went on it a couple of times. He also liked It’s A Small World. It was decorated for Christmas and they sang Christmas carols. It was beautiful!

Eric’s favorite was Star Tours.
My favorite was Tom Sawyer Island.
We all LOVED Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. They were fiddlers and it was a comedy routine as well. We would pay to go to Disneyland just to see them again. I wish they had a DVD! When they decided to add choreography they said they were inspired by Riverdance, but they called theirs Puddle Prance. It was hilarious!
We finished our trip in Klamath Falls, Oregon visiting some friends. That was very relaxing and there was snow everywhere so the boys really enjoyed that. Now I am going to spend the weekend Christmas shopping because I haven’t even started!

2 comments:

Becky K. said...

I am also voting for Mike Huckabee. I am thrilled at the movement that is moving him into a position of viability.

I cannot wait to take some time and read your blog. It looks great.

Becky K.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good time at Disneyland! Hmmm. . . though, those rides do look scary ;0