Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sneaky parent tricks

My husband had to go out of town for 2 and 1/2 weeks which is the longest that we have ever been apart. We made it 1 1/2 weeks before he came and got us. We just missed each other so much. The boys did great! Eric and I are just sappy I guess.

Right before his trip we had decided to let Grant and Eli start staying up until 9pm. I know that they are young, but they take their responsibilities and schoolwork very seriously so we thought that would be a neat reward. Normally their bedtime is at 8, but now from 8-9 they get to read or draw. THAT WAS SUCH BAD TIMING! When Eric left that made my days feel much longer and after 5 days of it Eric said, "Why don't you just change all of the clocks to one hour ahead." I would have never thought of that. Even though it felt completely evil, I did it.

It can't be that bad since they felt like they were staying up longer and I was getting that extra hour of peace. We won't tell them until they have kids when we can all get a good laugh out of it.

2 comments:

JenIG said...

that is SO funny. and sweet, too. That's cute that your man had to come back for you...

elizabeth embracing life said...

For some reason when my boys stay up late, they are on their very BEST behavior. It's like they know they are on borrowed time. Cracks us up. Then, the nightmare begins when trying to put over tired boys to sleep. The clock trick is a good one.