Thursday, December 16, 2010

God is good~All the time

I know I have been MIA for awhile now. We have been SO BUSY, but it is good. If you would have told me 2 years ago that in 2 years I wouldn't be staying at home, that I wouldn't be homeschooling and I would own my own yarn store I would have laughed hysterically in your face. When you seek God's will for your life sometimes it surprises you and brings you to a totally different path then you ever would have thought.

The boys are thriving in school and even though they are exposed to some bad attitudes and behaviors that they normally wouldn't have been exposed to yet we are working and teaching them through all of it. They are really good boys who try to do what is right. They each have their own little quirks and issues, but overall they are GREAT kids. They are going to be incredible men of God.

The shop was opened since last April inside of another store. In October, God started leading us down a path of getting our own storefront. I thought it would be next Summer, but it turned into this November. The doors opened and we walked through them. We have not taken a business loan and we have pinched pennies to make this work.

Thanksgiving week we had company coming from out of town and I looked at the budget and we had $65 left for groceries for 3 weeks. I am a good grocery shopper and I can definitely shop on a budget, but that was not very much money for 3 weeks. I just started praying in the store. God and I needed to have a talk. I told Him that we had taken this step and obeyed and opened the store in the new location even though it was tight. He told me that faith is letting go and walking in peace. I had my shopping list and I said, "Ok, I am getting everything on this list in faith that you are going to provide and make up the difference. It's all you Lord." I bought everything on my list which was $250. We had the money in our account, but it was allocated towards other bills that definitely needed to be paid. Over the next 5 days (except Thanksgiving day we were closed) we made $500 at the shop. Praise the Lord! He provided!

It has been a big transition going from being a stay at home mom for the past 10 years to working full time, but it is good. Archer gets to be with me and I feel like my store is a ministry to other stay at home moms. Young mamas are starting to come and they are so surprised that they can have their kids with them because I have a kids area and we are very family friendly. My shop is not just a business, it is a ministry. I get 3-5 new customers a day which is a lot in our town of 17,000. We have a bigger city 20 miles away and a base 15 minutes away. My boys love to come after school and do their homework there. One of my friends who homeschools her boys ages 8 and 10 ask their mom if they can do school at Miss Liberty's shop. That warms my heart.

One evening there were 3 different families there plus some other customers and the kids (about 10-12 kids) were just playing and it was so peaceful. It is an amazing place. Very charming. It always reminds me of a brighter, smaller, yarnier, version of "The Little Shop on the Corner" in the movie "You've Got Mail".

I just want to encourage anyone that if you are seeking God's will in your life and He tells you to do something that was not even in your plan. Just do it. Walk in faith. We have been stretched further than ever before in our marriage, our faith, and our friendships. It has all been worth it. God is good. Trust in Him.

0 comments: