We finally made it back home. I will write about our trip later, but first I want to share this before I forget it.
Everyday while we were in Las Vegas Eric worked from 8am to 5pm like clockwork. Yesterday we decided that we were going to go ahead and drive home that night so the boys could sleep while we drove. I tried calling him right before lunch to make sure that the plan was still on before I loaded up all of our stuff from the hotel. He didn't call me all day, but I knew he was busy.
At 4:30 the boys and I packed the car up.
At 5:10 Eric still hadn't showed up, but I knew he would be there ANY minute so I loaded the boys up so we could just leave when he got there.
6pm rolls around and there is still no sign of him and the boys are going crazy in the car and they are hungry for dinner.
I am MAD by this point because he should have called. He finally arrives at 6:30 and I am beyond upset. I start telling him things like:
You have a responsibility to call your wife when you KNEW we were planning on leaving tonight...blah, blah, blah....
Well, Sawyer my 3 year old, starts saying after EVERY single sentence that I say, "YEAH!" It was very affirming to have him stick up for me. LOL! It definitely diffused the situation because we were really trying to keep from laughing.
Then when Eric finally spoke he said, "I was finishing writing some software and I never looked at the time."
ME: How can you NOT look at the time when there is a clock right on your computer?
HIM: That is on Zulu time.
ME: Don't talk that crap to me...(I thought he was saying some computer mumbo jumbo)
HIM: No, that is another country's time and I wasn't going to figure out what the real time was.
This is where Grant pipes in and says, "Daddy, I think that you need to get a clock in your office."
ME: Or he could just use the watch that is on his arm that has the most accurate time since it syncs with the atomic clock!
Sawyer: YEAH!
Then Eric and I just burst out laughing. We were still laughing about it today. I think God can use kids to lighten up a situation sometimes.
We didn't drive last night, but now we are comfy at home with no more drama...this week anyway.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
who says it's not okay to fight in front of the kids
at 7:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
lol. I can't stand when Franklin does that to me. Anyway at least the kids were there to lighten the mood :D
Just surfing around and found your blog.
If you have a moment, please visit my blog.
Find other bloggers that share your same interest.
It's a blog for bloggers that helps search engines find you....
BLOGS FOLLOW ME
http://www.blogsfollowme.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment