We are buying our first house! It is such a blessing. God just dropped it in our laps. It has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms! We are moving closer to family since Eric is going to be traveling a lot this year for work and probably in the coming years as well. I am also going to be able to help out with his grandparents.
Right now we are praying about whether to continue homeschooling or to take advantage of a unique situation. The school there is really small because it is a small town and almost all of the teachers are christians, the families of the students are christians and we go to church with a lot of them. It would be almost like sending them to a christian school, but it is free. I talked to the principal today and told him that we were homeschoolers and he suggested that I come in and observe in the classrooms before I make a decision. I know that God will lead us, but it is still a scary decision to make. All along, we have said, "year by year, child by child" for our homeschool agenda.
Anyway, I leave you with a couple of pictures of the house. It reminds me of an english cottage.
They had remodeled the kitchen and they did a beautiful job, I just wish it resembled more of an english cottage kitchen. I can work on that. :)I really would like to paint the cabinets white or black...probably white. I don't really like two tone and I don't like whitewash. Any opinions would be great!
This wall is opposite the sink and there is a pantry on the right side that didn't make it into the picture. That is a stained glass window into the bathroom, but you can't see into the bathroom. Totally cute!
This is a pretty tile they put it as you walk into the kitchen. It is unique , but it looks great.
I wasn't able to get great ones of the inside because I was in a hurry. I am sad that I didn't get any pictures of the yard either. The yard has a pond and it is nicely landscaped.
This is the smallest bedroom upstairs that will be a guest room. It has really cute cubbies because of the pitched roof. I am very excited to decorate this room someday.
That is all for now until I can get some better shots after we move in. Eric says it is a great hide n seek house because of all of the closets. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the neighborhood. We know many people that live in it so that is really nice. All I have to say is that God gave us above and beyond what we even dared to ask for. He definitely knows our dreams and desires (Ephesians 3:20 AMP)
Monday, September 21, 2009
New House
at 2:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Oh Liberty, I love it!!! It is an absolutely beautiful house--when can we come visit?
It is so amazing how everything has worked out. I will pray about the homeschooling. Would you put them into school now or wait until next year? Love you!
I don't know why I always find myself surprised at the Lord when He blesses us beyond our wildest imaginations.
I know how much I love my kids and I love to bless them and how much MORE does He love us?
The house is adorable. As far as the kitchen, I'd paint the cabinets white. Since the walls are already a darker color, painting the cabinets black may close the room in. Just my opinion!
Can't wait to see pictures of the yard!
Liberty! It is beautiful!! How awesome to get such a gem for you all! Just seeing the outside and I thought it looked liked something you would love! I am so happy for you and Eric..more than you know. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Love you friend! :)Rae
Congratulations to you all. God truly does grant us more than our heart's desires always.
Oh, my! What a dream house! I hope all is going well, and blessings on your new new *home*. :)
Post a Comment