God has been leading me down this path for the past couple of months. I am walking it out and it is hard. It is challenging everything inside of me. God is wanting me to give my children up to Him. COMPLETELY. It has become obvious that I think I can do a better job parenting my children than God can because I am not letting them go. I am holding on as tight as I can. In December, He showed me this and asked me to let them go into His hands. It is a process, but I am doing it.
When we move to New Mexico the boys are going to go to school. This is a huge step for me given my hardcore beliefs about homeschooling. They are excited. I told God yes, in faith, before I even knew what schools there were. I have found a very small christian school that loves to have moms in the classroom and they said if I wanted to start out just bringing them in the morning instead of them being there all day I could. Their top priority is bible and character development which were my top priorities in homeschooling. I am starting to let myself feel happy about this. This will be good for all of us. Grant, who wants to go to school the most, is glad that I still get to help in the classroom. I think it will be good for the boys to learn some social skills that they lack. It is not a typical school and I like that. As far as dealing with my other fears concerning school, I am giving them to God. I know that He loves them and He wants the best for them even more than I do.
I feel like I am being stretched, but I know that I have to stretch in order to grow. God knows what He is doing. It is time for me to put away my game plan book and start using His. I believe that if I am walking with the Lord and living that out in every area of my life then the boys will learn that way of living and having true relationship with God. I believe that more is caught than taught and in our home right now all they are catching is grumpiness, irritability and of course love. I want them to catch my true love for Jesus; me trusting in Him in ALL we do and I want the boys to have the BEST of me each day instead of getting the good, the bad, and the ugly. I know that when they go to school I am exchanging one set of problems for another, but this is where God is leading me. Believe it or not, the idea for school came up when we were in a good place, not a desperate "I can't homeschool anymore" place. It came in a time of sweetness and prayer.
This is going to be good. It already is.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Walking it out
at 11:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I am glad you're following His game plan. No matter what we do in life, we will be blessed as long as we continue to follow where He leads. Isn't it ironic how you would like to keep your kids home and I've struggled with wanting to send mine, but God is calling us both to do the opposite of what we want?
Good job, Liberty!
A friend and I often notice that we want to have everything figured out ahead of time-- but God most often wants to simply lead us step by step. Good job for taking His next step! He's right there with you!
You have such sweet boys.
I just found your blog today, please feel welcomed to come and visit mine.
Jillian
Wonderful! If I had the opportunity, and God was leading me to put my children in school, I would want your very situation! It sounds ideal- you get to be right there!
Liberty, I am praying for you. Be at peace, as you walk in His path. He goes before you, and He loves your children even more than you do- and they are good kids because of that, and because of you.
(((hugs)))
Let me just chime in here and say that we are having such a wonderful experience with the public school in our neighborhood. I know many of my friends shook their heads, thinking we were *wrong* to make this move, but we felt confident that God was directing our steps.
God does know what is best for our children and our families. When we go to Him with our children each step of the way, He is faithful to guide us.
I applaud you for listening to His voice and following HIs lead. It is not easy -- especially when we think WE know what's best!!
God's blessing on you today.
Post a Comment