Saturday, April 26, 2008

this is a little random--aren't I always? (lots of pics)

We finally got to go visit family that we hadn’t seen in over 2 years. It is good to be home! We happened to be there on prom weekend so we got to take pictures of Eric’s beautiful cousin. She is about 6’1. She seriously could be a model, but she’s more into sports. We stayed at their house and they had just gotten a trampoline so when we got there on Friday at 6pm the boys got out of the car, jumped until 11:30 at night (they usually go to bed at 8). I think they jumped until they fell asleep! They woke up at 7:30am and went straight to the backyard and started jumping again.

She just got her braces off this year so we had to get a good teeth picture!

Beautiful cousin
Eric’s aunt has 5 kids. The first three are all grown. This little girl next to Sawyer is her youngest so they span from ages 3-25. Her husband is ten years older than her and when she got pregnant everyone at their church was calling him Father Abraham.
I loved this picture of Sawyer in the tire swing.

Picture of all the kids. The last morning together before church.


The boys have been saving their money that they earn each week. They earn around $1.50 a week. Eli saved enough for a transformer and Grant is a week away from having enough for buying a bike. I am so proud of them for saving their money instead of just buying candy or something on the whim.



We use the Dave Ramsey Jr. system and it helps. I HIGHLY recommend it.
I have joined an online knitting community called Ravelry www.ravelry.com (it is like a myspace for knitters, but even better). I love it! I confess, I am addicted to yarn. I can just walk into a yarn store and touch all of the different yarns and feel like I am in heaven. For the first time I am actually making something for myself. It is a felted handbag. I am making it red and white checkered because I couldn’t afford the brown yarn it called for. I am using brown leather handles instead and I got a big brown button instead of the turquoise rock. I am almost finished!
I have a few baby blankets to make and then I want to try to make these socks.


We are visiting a new church tomorrow and we are going to try to visit the boy’s school next week. We are almost finished with the house and then I can take pictures!

Check out my new widgets on the side. It is the two bookshelves on the side. I love them!

0 comments: