*We are official! This is the first year that we have had to register with the state to homeschool. We are starting school August 12th. I have almost everything setup and organized. I bought school supplies today and I just have to say that this is the most wonderful time of the year! I love school supplies. I get excited over a notebook and fresh, sharpened pencils. I have just started going to the library here and it is wonderful. I can't believe how fast this summer has gone by.
*We went to a country wedding this past weekend and it was wonderful! The reception was the best part. There were at least 20 kids there and they spent the evening chasing frogs while we grown ups got jiggy with it! I haven't danced in YEARS! It was so fun! We all stayed until almost midnight (even the bride and groom). Eric got some video of our boys dancing so I will have to try to figure out how to put it on here. There was a funny thing that happened at the wedding. The pastor was speaking to the groom and saying that he had to respect her (the bride) and we were sitting so far back that Grant heard, "You have to spank her." He freaked out and hollered, "He's going to spank her!" Luckily only our row and the rows directly in front of us and in back of us heard it.
*Grant is turning 7 next month. My baby is growing up. He just blesses my socks off! He is so precious to me. He has been taking piano and violin lessons (we are not making him do this. This is his choice.) and he is having his first recital at the end of this month. He said he wants to be famous. I said that is fine, but he needs to pray for God's direction and will in his life. Then he said, "I think I will be a famous bug collector and discover new species of bugs." LOL
*Eli is feeling his oats. Some days I wonder how we both survived the day. Today was finally a good day. I think he needed some grounding. I am realizing that our boys are spoiled which is so easy to do in today's culture, but it really affects Eli because his love language is gifts. It doesn't matter how much I have given him in one day it is NEVER enough. He is always asking for more. So now Eric and I are trying to cut out buying special treats. For example, a frosty at Wendy's, a $1 toy at the store, etc. I could give Eli a rock and he would be so excited. It is hard not to give stuff to my kids, but it is evident that the time has come to stop. Pray for me.
*Sawyer is just cute as can be and he knows it. He is actually our easiest one, but we are definitely going through an intense training time with him and he is getting it about 50/50.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
We are official
at 8:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
*giggles* Kids say the funniest stuff and usually have the best (or worst depending on your view) timing!
This summer has really flown by! Have fun buying school supplies (I admitt I LOVE buying paper...I like the feel and possiblity of an empty notebook)
That wedding sounds like so much fun! That's hilarious about what Grant said.
Sounds like you are doing a great job with your boys. :)
Congrats on being "official". I am with you on the school supplies, I can't wait to hit all the sales the next few weeks.
Post a Comment