Sunday, July 6, 2008

Cute things heard around our house

*I was doing ABC flashcards with Sawyer the other day and when we got to the letter "U". I said, "Big U, little u" and he said, "That's me? Big me, little me?"



*We were at church and the children are in there for worship with us. We had finished singing and all of a sudden Eli heard a man's voice and he said, "Is that God?" Then the man was talking about praying and he used the word imparting and Eli thought he said we were going to have a party and he got so excited. :)

*I made a roast dinner with mashed potatoes, green beans and biscuits. At the end of the meal Eric pulls out the honey and the butter and says, “This is a family tradition. My father taught me this and I am going to teach this to you. You mix the honey and butter together and make a honey-butter goop.” All of the boys were so excited and they wanted to try it and then Sawyer yelled, “I want honey-butter POOP!”

*My two oldest boys have begun taking showers so I bought them some kid shampoo (they had still been using baby shampoo up to this point). I taught Grant about using the shampoo on his head and using regular soap on his body. Every time I checked on him he had tons of shampoo on his hair and I finally asked him why he didn't rinse his hair out and he said, "Because I don't want to get shampoo on my body." Can we say Type A? :)

*Conversation I overheard with Grant and Eli-“Eli, I am getting a grown up mole like mommy and daddy. That means I am growing up and it doesn’t even hurt.”“I know, you are almost 7”“Yeah, so I am going to get a job soon because I am almost a grown up.”


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice blog. I like it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Liberty! I'm laughing so hard! See, you could certainly write a book about your three comedians.

And by the way, I can barely tell Eli and Sawyer apart (except their heights). The first picture in this blog, of Sawyer, looks EXACTLY like Eli. Wow!

Kay said...

Hahaha! Your boys are SO cute & funny! I <3 it!

Adrian said...

They are so funny!!!

Melody said...

Your boys say the best things. Too cute...too funny...and absolutely too adorable.