Wednesday, July 8, 2009

hospital

I am officially in the hospital for the rest of my pregnancy. For the past month they had thought I had preeclampsia and had been monitoring me very closely. Last Thursday my blood pressure sky rocketed to dangerous levels and they hospitalized me. There were so many doctors and minute to minute they were trying to decide whether to deliver the baby or not. They put me on a magnesium drip to keep me from having seizures and my blood pressure started going back down. The interesting thing is that 30 minutes after being on the magnesium I started having regular contractions. They were baffled because usually they put pregnant women on magnesium to stop labor. 24 hours later they took me off of the mag and we waited to see if my labor would progress. It eventually stopped on its own.

This has been quite the roller coaster ride emotionally. I would love to be on bedrest at home, but they feel like that would be too dangerous for me. Everyone keeps asking me, "why don't they just take the baby since your health is in danger?" and all I can say is that they are determined to keep this baby in and I am trusting in God on that one.

Eric has been staying with me at the hospital and my boys get to come visit everyday, but it is hard to see them leave. I really miss them. Sawyer is having the hardest time because he doesn't understand why I can't go home with him, but then he is fine after that because his Nana is staying with them and he has her wrapped around his finger! LOL

So much for a home birth! :) I have learned that not all things go according to our plans and there is a much bigger picture that we cannot even imagine to know about. That is why we have to have faith in all circumstances and just trust in the Lord.

4 comments:

Jordandarrin said...

Friendy, when you get a chance, can you email me your hospital room phone #? I'd love to talk.

Jordan

Kay said...

You guys are in my prayers!

elizabeth embracing life said...

Liberty praying for good health for both you and baby. On a positive note, think of all the resting up you get to do before the baby comes. All the reading, quiet, and well if truth be known I think I get disturbed by to much quiet. Blessings dear friends in the days that come.

Sarah said...

Dear one, so glad you are in the best hands, the doctors and His. I know this must be hard, but enjoy your time and rest while you can. Praying that God will fill you with His perfect peace.

Blessings from Costa RIca,
Sarah Dawn