Wednesday, July 1, 2009

update on poisoned children

They lived! LOL Don't worry for those of you who laughed. I made fun of my husband all night last night because he is an Eagle Scout. It was pretty funny. It helped that we periodically checked on them through the night. I had prayed over them before bed so I knew everything would be okay. My husband will never live this one down!

Also, I kept thinking about the whole induction thing and how I am going to have to get an epidural. If you knew me you would know that this is not a decision that I would make on my own. I am an all natural kind gal and God has been leading me to this path. He has been preparing my heart for the past few weeks and what it comes down to is that I can force my way and end up in a crash c-section or I can do what the dr suggests for preeclampsia and go the safest route. I am still praying that I don't end up in a c-section. I have never had surgery in my life so that is kind of scary to me. I just know that I have the peace of God.

The other thing that God has led us through in this pregnancy journey is that this is our last pregnancy. We both have peace in our hearts that this is what we are supposed to do. We have always known that we will adopt and so even though we won't have more children through pregnancy we know that our family is still going to grow in a different way. I have friends that will strongly disagree with us getting "fixed", but I believe that if you are trusting in the Lord for your birth control and such He can all lead you in this way as well. We truly seek Him in all the decisions pertaining to our family. We have peace.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny about your husband and the kids :)

I don't know if this will make you feel better, but before I gave birth I had every intention of doing it all natural. After 12 hours of natural labor (well, I did have some narcotics after 8 hours)... they decided to give me Pitocin, which I heard makes your labor stronger and harder- I was already exhausted from the pain, so I asked them to give me an epidural. Part of me was really nervous about it, too, but it wound up being one of the best decisions I made during labor. It was really quick, not particularly painful and allowed me to get some rest to gear up for the 2.5 hours of pushing I had to do. Anyway, if you have any questions about it, feel free to bug me.

I'm also very excited to hear that you're adopting! :) I agree with you that God leads each family differently when it comes to how and when to add to their family, and I suspect at some point we'll be doing the same. In fact, I haven't even really thought about what comes next, since it took us so long to have the first :) But I do know I want to adopt, for sure! So I'm excited to see how things go for you :)