Tuesday, June 30, 2009

went to the doctor and poisoned children

I went to my midwife today and after an extensive meeting we have decided to be induced at 37 weeks if the baby doesn't come before then. My blood pressure is still high and I don't want to take blood pressure medicine if I don't have to. This baby needs to stay in for 4 more weeks. Usually I would not have peace about this, but I do. I am trusting in the Lord through this whole process.

Our church family is bringing us meals and offering to help with the boys, laundry, etc. It is amazing. It is wonderful being in the body of Christ. It is hard for me to receive the help, but with everything falling onto Eric's shoulders with me being on bedrest I am thankful. We have been abundantly blessed.

On a different note, tonight my husband poisoned our children. They were all joyfully playing in the backyard when the boys picked some flowers off of the trumpet vine and discovered a clear substance inside like that found in a honeysuckle. They asked Eric if it was okay to eat, and he being the Eagle Scout that he is, licked it and tasted that it was sweet and said it was okay to eat. They were so excited they ran to tell me. I asked Eric if it was poisonous and he looked at me like, "Uh..." then he went to the computer to look it up. Yep, the whole dang plant is poisonous. I had them rinse their mouths out and Eric had them eat a banana (I don't know why) and then I called poison control. They told me what to look for. I am not TOTALLY freaking out, but I really hope my children are all okay when they wake up in the morning.

1 comments:

Bekah C. said...

Lol! What a testimony to the fact that you are the only female in a penta-testosterone family! Praise God everyone is okay!