Wednesday, December 30, 2009

is there always one?

I have one child who I just don't get. I love him with all of my heart. I want the best for him, yet I feel like we aren't going to make it another day together. For the most part he is sweet, kind, helpful, smart and loving. But the ugly side of him is UGLY. It is prideful, selfish, mean, violent, disobedient, greedy and emotionally disconnected. My husband swears that he was the same way when he was a child. His sister confirms this and even states that Eric had anger problems as a child. I have never witnessed this in my husband. That is my hope. I pray and plead with God for this child. I really don't know how to talk to him because he doesn't listen. His love language is gifts so as long as he is getting something he is happy. The problem is I can't even be creative with it because he just wants the things that make him a spoiled brat: candy, new lego sets, wii games, etc. Christmas was so peaceful because his love cup was filled up with the presents, but apparently it has already ran out. I can't keep up. I am Miss Communication...Miss Relationship...this should not be happening.

1 comments:

Bekah C. said...

Liberty, as a nonmommy, I can only really offer comfort by praying for you. I wonder, though, since a friend and I talk about love language quite often, if you could try something with this son. If he appreciates gifts, perhaps there is some way to point out how many, many, many gifts you give him all the time. He receieves food and clothes and school supplies on a continual basis. Is there some way to communicate that these truly ARE gifts?

You're in my prayers!