The shop is going very well. I have had a few customers and my learn to knit class was a success! Everyone who has come in has been so excited and we are starting our knit along next month. We will have our website up by then so we will offer the knitalong online as well.
Speaking of the website, it is not up and I am still trying to get my house in order and my files in order before we put it up. I have been overwhelmed with the transition of going from being a full-time stay at home mom for the past 8 years to working part time and still running a household. The household part hasn't been going so well. It has become a total mess. I am embarrassed and overwhelmed to be in my own house.
Today I hit a low because of my ever-growing to do list...and then God did something unimaginable. He stirred my children's hearts and provided a miracle. Grant just started sweeping the kitchen floor. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "The floor is the dirtiest I have ever seen it and it needs to be cleaned so I am going to clean it." This has NEVER happened. I told him that I wanted to bless him big time and he said, "You don't need to mommy. I just want to help." I couldn't believe it. Here is my 8 year old son who could be nicknamed pigpen because he likes things to be messy and stinky (he is all boy) and he wanted to clean. Then it was a domino effect. Eli wanted to help also. Eli volunteered to clean the boys room (that is always a big undertaking) and then Grant, Eli and I cleaned the living room from top to bottom, while Eric took Sawyer and Archer to Sawyer's t-ball game. It was amazing. I am so blessed.
Part of me being overwhelmed is that Archer has been teething, and fussy because he is half crawling and he can't get to where he wants to go fast enough. We did night wean him last week and I have finally been getting amazing sleep and so has he.
Grant and Eli will be out of school in 3 days so I am excited about that. I am going to enjoy having them home. They are loud, wild and they drive me crazy, but I love them so much and every day is a blessing with them. We are in a great season in life even though it has its hard times too.
Thank you all for your support with the shop and my life in general. It is such a blessing to have this online community. I am sorry that I haven't been on here very much.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Busy and Blessed
at 7:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment