I have not written in awhile because I have been so busy, but I have been reading. :)
Here is a brief update on our lives:
*The yarn shop is going well. It is nice that I don't have to be there all of the time since it is inside of another store that has employees taking care of it that I don't even have to pay. That is a blessing. It is definitely more of a ministry than a business and I am already seeing it blessing so many. My grand opening is going to be Saturday, September 25, 2010. I am excited. I have been knitting so much! Eric is taking two weeks off and he is going to finish up the website!
*Sawyer broke his arm. It was the first break in the family and it was bad. He fell off the the ladder of the bunk bed and landed wrong. :( He got his cast off this past week and it looks perfect. Praise God!
*I have been in a bible study this past summer that has been AMAZING! One of the Titus 2 women in my life (she is 76) is leading it and she reminds me of Joyce Meyer and Beth Moore combined. Whenever she speaks you just want to take notes constantly because it is full of God's jewels from His Word. I am in the process of typing it up so I will share more on that later.
*I really need a vacation from my family. Just like 5 days where the demands of mommyhood/wifehood are not pressing on me every second of every day. I know it's not going to happen, but sometimes you just feel done. God's Word does refresh me and I know that this is just a season, but it is a demanding season. I really try to cherish every moment with my kids, but all of the boyness can really get to me. They are such BOYS! LOL It is a different energy in your home when you just have boys, especially if you have more than 2 and then add the husband to that as well. :)
*We have been dealing with some anger issues with Sawyer. I think it is a culmination of things. The cast, being younger than his two older brothers who do everything together (he is more of a middle child), and just being 5.
A couple of weeks ago he deliberately killed a frog. He has had a fascination with death ever since Eric's grandma died in April, but it really disturbed me that he would do that on purpose. He did cry when he realized what he did, but he knew what he was doing. So confusing.
Eli (#2-in more ways than one), has been so mean to Sawyer and we don't tolerate it, but it keeps happening.
Example: Sawyer said to Grant, "Come sit by me!" and Grant said, "okay" and then Eli says, "Grant, why would you want to sit by him?" in a very disgusted voice. I just don't think that is okay. Sawyer adores Eli and wants to be just like him and at the very least play with him, but Eli won't have anything to do with Sawyer unless it is his idea and he is basically telling Sawyer what to do. Eli freaks out if Sawyer even sits next to him and their legs touch, but if Grant does it then he's okay with it. I don't get it. Any advice on this would be great.
I am also worried about Sawyer starting Kindergarten with these anger issues (he yells NEVER if we tell him to do something that he doesn't want to do-I don't even know where he got that!)
*If any of you are familiar with Fly Lady then you know what a control journal is. I made the boys Mission Control Journals (military style) and they get points for completing their missions. If you want more info on that I can email it to you. They have been amazing. Eli really does well. He loves very clear cut guidelines if/then and he thrives in it.
*Eli loves Archer and plays with him a lot. It is very sweet. He is always trying to carry him around and Archer just laughs.
*Grant is like a little man. He is not as interested in toys anymore. His birthday is coming up and he is going to be 9. I asked him what he wants for his birthday and he thought about it and said that he wanted a signed football from the Patriots (his favorite team). Instead we got him his other dream which is tickets to a real professional football game. It is not the Patriots, it is the Texans, but I remember him telling me awhile back that he would love to go to a real football game and it didn't matter if it was the Patriots or not. The Texans are playing the Colts and he does like the Colts a lot so that will be exciting!
Grant is also so responsible and helpful. He is very relational. I remember when we used to have hard times with him like we are having with Sawyer and Eli and it gives me hope for them. :)
*Archer turns 1 next week and I have really been reflecting on last summer and what God did in our lives. Mark 11:22amp says to have faith CONSTANTLY, and last summer definitely required that. I am just so thankful for this blessing in my life. It has been good for the boys to see that a baby just isn't a cute thing that you play with. It is a real responsibility. They love him so much.Archer is the cutest little thing. He is crawling like crazy and he pulls himself up and walks along the furniture. He loves to climb (I don't love that so much!) and he repeats things we say. He laughs all of the time. He is such a happy guy, but he is also strong-willed already and throws lots of fits. We don't give in.
Life is good and I will try to update more. I am just trying not to blink!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
MIA
at 3:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment