We have planned for MONTHS that we were going to build a tree house in our new backyard because we knew there was the PERFECT tree to do this. The boys have been counting down. This is the week we are buying the wood. Friday is the day the building begins. So, being the nice, gas conserving wife that I am…..when we are leaving Costco I see that there is a Home Depot next door. I sweetly say, “Honey, why don’t you and the boys go grab the wood really fast since we are here and we will save gas!” I was fine with staying in the car because I had my knitting and someone had to stay in the air conditioned car so our groceries wouldn’t spoil. I was thinking it would only take a half an hour MAX. Boy howdy was I wrong! An hour later my momma brain started going and my first thought was, “Did one of the boys get lost? Are they all searching frantically all over the store? Eric would have come and got me if someone was lost” Then my mind went to, “Maybe someone is hurt. Maybe when they were getting the wood a bunch of it fell on them and they couldn’t even tell me.” So another ten minutes passes and I decide to go in. I walk in and I see them on the other side of the store with Eric pushing a dolly with 45 2x4’s and Grant and Sawyer sitting on them, while Eli hangs from the bar on the dolly. I said, “What is taking so long, you have been in here for over an hour!” He said, “We had to go through each board to make sure there were no holes or deformities.” I have a feeling at this rate the tree house isn’t going to be finished until next summer.
Here is a before picture of the tree. I will post an after when there is one to post. :)
Thursday, May 1, 2008
I am never going to Home Depot with my husband again
at 1:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
That is so funny. I know better to stand clear of all Home Depot visits. Especially when one's husband is NOT handy. However he always makes time for all three boys sit on the tractors.
BTWay I am working at Lexus of Portland. From 4-7pm a few afternoons a week. It's a lovely break, that was much needed from the homefront.
I think this is the perfect tree. Lets just hope it gets built before summer is over, but then don't you all have summer all year long where you live?
Post a Comment