and all I needed to do was change curriculums. The school that we were looking into for the boys uses the ACE (Accelerated Christian Education) curriculum. I started researching it and I saw that it really fit with our learning styles better. The cost of the curriculum for the whole year is the price that I would pay for two of the boys for one month. SO..............we are going to continue homeschooling. We are at a much better place in NM. The house is running more efficiently and we have more of a functioning routine. They had an online diagnostic test and I had Grant take it and he tested at a 3rd grade level. I have had him in "kindergarten" this year. I am not going to tell him that he tested at that level, I am just going to tell him that he is going into 1st grade still. Eli has one more test and it looks like he is going to be in 1st grade next year, but I am going to tell him he is in Kindergarten. It is just easier that way. They would get confused if I told them any different. My homeschool friends that have done it long term always said the first year is the hardest and it isn't until year 3 that everything really comes together. So we are going into year 2 of our official homeschool journey. The thing that is the most valuable and precious of all is the relationship that my boys have with each other. That is one of the best reasons to homeschool.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Liberty, honestly, it's refreshing to know that someone else changes their mind . . . based on their perception of God's heart. Way to go! Whether you homeschool or utilize private school, following God's heart for your family is the most important priority.
As an aside . . . I always knew that you were raising intelligent "young men." Those boys are smart!
Liberty, the school that Ethans goes to, which is the same one my older kids went to is ACE. I love it and well it's carried both kids and now Ethan into a wonderful world of academics.
Post a Comment