Sunday, May 10, 2009

Today is a special day

On top of it being mother's day, it is also my 12 year anniversary. It seems like so long ago that I said, "I do." I still love my husband just as much as I did back then, if not more. We have been through a lot, but God has carried us through it all.

Everyone says that you should wait until after college to get married, but we didn't and those were some of the best years of our marriage. We had a Saturday morning bible study in our home and everyone would come in their pjs and we would drink coffee, eat cinnamon rolls, and munch on God's Word! Those are great memories.

We never talked about having a family. We were just content in our little world of each other. The funny thing is, we always talked about opening up a group home/orphanage. Who knows, that may still happen someday. I am so blessed by the love of my life. I can't believe how much he loves me even more.

We had a nice date last night at a local Italian restaurant and then we went to Borders together and just relaxed. We haven't done that together in quite a few years.

If I had a scanner I would scan in some pics from our wedding. We got married in the dinosaur days (pre-digital)! LOL

I hope everyone has a blessed mother's day!

1 comments:

Bekah C. said...

Late Happy Anniversary! Glad you two had a good day . . . And how good God is to have put you together AND to have given you an expanding and wonderful family! Love you guys!