This morning I talked to a doula who is considering midwifery school about home births verses hospital births. She was SO informative and gave me a lot of helpful information to tell Eric. I had so much peace after getting off the phone with her and then I told Eric everything and for the first time he had peace too. So we are officially going to have a home birth.
My next step is to start interviewing midwives. I already have a couple of recommendations. I am also going to contact the womens hospital that is by my house and talk to them about them being my emergency back up instead of the hospital that is 20 minutes away.
I can't believe how much peace I feel about this right now. God is so good.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
We are doing it
at 3:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Oh, Liberty, I'm so glad for you. I pray that God continues to guide you and to give you wisdom and discretion. Cannot WAIT until the birth of precious Baby #4!
Definitely go with recommendations on the midwife. I have several friends who have had homebirths (and one completely unassisted-- on purpose!) and it was a very wonderful experience for them.
We had early labor issues with #2 (Noah) and some complications, so we had to have a hospital birth. And then when I was prego with Christian, David was too nervous from our experience with Noah to even consider the idea of a home or even birthing center birth. Oh well, they ended up fine and healthy and that's what matters.
Can't wait for your little one's birthdate!!! :)
Post a Comment