The family that we are doing the KONOS co-op with came over on Friday night for a ceremony. We are so blessed that God brought our families together. It is so unique to have two families that believe the same way and parent the same way. We have the same convictions and that is nice. I love God because he always brings us the best of everything!
So at the ceremony the boys were inaugerated into the "School of Knights". Inspired by "Raising a Modern Day Knight" we decided in addition to our KONOS we are going to make the School of Knights the overarching goal. Our main verse is a combination of two verses that all of the boys are memorizing this next two weeks:
Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him. Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.(Eccl. 12:13, I John 2:5-6)
Our knights motto is:
Follow Jesus,
the King;
Live pure,
Speak true,
Right wrong,
Follow the king!
They loved that. If I knew how to put the video on youtube I would. It was so precious!
We had a special dinner and my friend made the most awesome place settings. We had a round table and each of the boy got a wooden sword with their name on it and Hebrews 4:12 and each boy got a bible with a bible cover personalized, ex: "Grant's Sword of the Spirit"
Here are some pictures of the big event:
Grant wanted to help with something so I let him copy the verse. This was the first time he ever did something like this. I am keeping this forever!





0 comments:
Post a Comment