Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Busy!

The boys and I spent the day yesterday at my friends farm. It was wonderful! I brought my camera but I left it in the car so I didn't take any pictures. The boys had a wonderful time picking blackberries (we didn't bring any home because they ate them all), climbing bales of hay, and playing with my friend's cousins who were visiting from Africa. We got home at 9:00 and we were so tired we fell into bed.

Today the boys get their library prize from the reading program this summer. They get to go to a local amusement park. They are SO excited!

Yesterday, Grant (6yo) said, "Wow mommy, we're having fun and daddy's not even here!" (He obviously thought I wasn't going to be very fun)

Monday night as I was putting the boys to bed, Eli (4yo), who loves beautiful women, said to me, "Mommy, I think you are so beautiful!" That warmed my heart because I had just read in a parenting book that to keep your child's heart if he is attracted to beautiful people you need to make yourself beautiful. I had really been praying about that, because I don't feel beautiful on the outside AT ALL and I don't want to have to feel like I am preparing for a daily beauty contest just to keep my child's heart. I felt like it was an answer to prayer that God showed me that Eli sees beauty on the inside and not just the outside. God is so faithful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a wonderful boy-heaven-ish kind of day!

And that is so sweet of Eli to say that! Those words are the truth-- straight from his heart.

Regarding your comment, OF COURSE you better keep visiting!!! Make sure your RSS feeder is on and I'll add you to my bloglines when I get back in town. That way I can keep up with your posts and your familia. :-)

Have a great weekend, my friend!
Marsha

Cutie said...

Picking blackberries...my favorite!! What a fun day! And what a sweetie your little Eli is.