Sunday, August 12, 2007

My brain is pouring out

Eric (my husband) just left for California for the week ( he works from home and he has to travel to CA once a month) and we are sad. Grant (6) said on the way home, "I remember all of the good times I had with daddy." He is so sweet.

I saw "Becoming Jane" yesterday. I am a huge Jane Austen fan. Overall I liked the movie, but I was very surprised at the sensuality that was in the movie. That is all I will say for now because I want to wait and see what others think of the movie.

I read this today and it was very inspiring:


"E.M. Bounds on Prayer”
More time and early hours devoted to prayer would revive and invigorate many a decayed spiritual life. More time and early house for prayer would manifest in holy living. A holy life would not be so rare or so difficult a thing if our devotions were not so short and hurried.


I am always needing some inspiration to get up earlier than my boys in the morning. It just seems like no matter how early I get up they get up with me. It makes it kind of hard. Then I stay up too late at night because it truly is my only quiet time. But no matter what time I go to bed at night my children wake up at the same time. GO FIGURE!

This next week I am going to be reading "Raising a Modern Day Knight". We are going to be doing a KONOS co-op with another family and the mother and I decided that we wanted to incorporate a knights theme into it. We are having a beginning of the school year party and for each character trait they learn we are going to give them a badge to put on their breastplate (of righteousness-of course) and she had an idea that we could make swords and whenever they memorize a bible verse we could glue a jewel onto their sword (of truth). We are both SUPER excited! She has two boys so it makes it easier to incorporate a theme like this.


I have also been reading "Strong-willed Child or Dreamer". It is really good. It has helped me understand my husband alot better and it is helping me understand my son who is a carbon copy of him. I am also finding that we all have a bit of dreamer in us so we are just a family full of dreamers. Luckily, I have enough "doer" in me that things get accomplished on a realistic level. Dreamers can get things done also if their gifts have been nurtured. It is an excellent book. I hope to finish it tonight after the boys go to bed. Speaking of which...I will go start that process.

2 comments:

Cutie said...

Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed reading your blog! I'm just starting out homeschooling my toddler, so I can relate to much of what you have written. I've bookmarked you!

Sherri@NoiseOverload said...

Liberty,

It is so true. When I try to get up early to have a quiet time, my kids wake up earlier! Ughh! I'm in my 6th year of homeschooling and I love learning history all over again - now that I care!