I was inspired to purge. I am getting rid of TONS of stuff. I mean TONS! I am getting rid of cups of pens and pencils that I think I have moved for the past 10 years. The only pens I truly use are the ones that are in my purse! I am getting rid of art supplies and craft supplies (not my knitting though), cds, movies, dishes, and utensils. I am getting rid of more toys and board games and probably alot of the boys clothes (we have been blessed with hand-me-downs). We are also getting rid of furniture. So if any of you know anything that you may want or need please let me know because I will give it to you. I want a very low-maintenance house. I am done with the everyday task of picking up little things in EVERY room. I have more important things to be doing. This takes away time with my children and taking care of my family.
So my plan is, after we move, if there is TRULY something we need then we will buy it, but I am not going to have it around saving it for that time that we may need it. I think I have a few years of art supplies that have been waiting to be used.
Today I went through my cds and I am getting rid of at least 50 of them. The boys always get scared when I start going through stuff and they start hiding their favorite things. Although they have been keeping their toys picked up this week. ;)
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Inspiration
at 10:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I go through times when I purge a few things, but I'd never be able to part with a craft or art supply! What kind of art and craft supplies are you purging?
I really admire people that can purge so much. I wish I had more courage to do so. It would help me to be able to purge the things from my former church, but for the life of me, I just can't. I put so much work into writing curriculm, bible studies, and handouts. I am trying to put just one copy in a notebook and just keep the notebook. I'm ok with that, but the memories in the notes and things they've made for me. I have everything still....kinda sad, huh?
Anywho, I'm glad you are able to do this kinda thing. LOL about your children hiding their favorite things and being sure to have all their toys picked up this week.
Got any Nine Inch Nails? Ha-ha-ha.
Just kidding.
love,
your ex-dorm room dancing friendy
Post a Comment