Monday, January 14, 2008

Relax

I had the most luxurious weekend of my life. I went to the beach and to a spa. I got an herbal wrap and a massage. If you haven't had an herbal wrap I HIGHLY suggest it. It was heavenly. My friend and I had a hotel room that was like a 2 bedroom apartment. We watched old chick flicks, played games, knitted and read books. It was VERY relaxing! I came back to my family totally refreshed and I don't feel like such a grumpy bear. It had been a year since I had been away from my husband and children. Sometimes you just truly need a break. I feel ready to take on the world. We were also by an outlet mall and I found things that I had been looking for forever. I kind of have an ongoing list in my head and I found everything on my list.

I got a brown velour sweatsuit. I have wanted one for awhile, but the only ones I ever found were hot pink. This is the closest pic I could find of what it looks like (not as fitting)


I have been looking for a sweatshirt because my other two are 8 years old and so it was time for a new one.

I got the book I had wanted to read. It sounds phenomenal.


I got Eric the kind of shirt I like on him best and a cable-knit beanie.


I got one of my new favorite games Cinq-o.


I feel like I got more but now I can’t remember. All I know is that it was a great weekend.

2 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Ok, that weekend sounds absolutely heavenly and I find myself a little envious! I think its wonderful for women to get away and have a little "me" time. Its so good to refresh yourself in that way.

Anonymous said...

hi, friendy! so happy you had a wonderful weekend. it sounds perfect! you (both) deserved it. i'm hoping that cable-knit hat was the one you were going to make eric? it looks awesome!