I am going to put these in reverse order than what the original survey had. I think it will make it a more interesting read.
Five Years ago: January 2003:
I had just given birth to my second son Eli. Wow. It was incredible to read the birth story. I hadn’t read it since I wrote it. It seems like yesterday. I can’t believe how fast the time has flown.
Four Years ago: January 2004:
We had just moved out of the married dorms and Grant had the worst stomach flu ever. We had to take him to the emergency room. That was scary. I just read a diary entry from January 2004 and I am glad I am revisiting this. I realize that this is an area I still REALLY need to work on.
I have been so convicted lately about being submissive to my husband (didn't I just write about this a couple of months ago)--does it ever end! I just read a book called, "Me, Obey Him?" It was really good. It talks about us being submissive to our husbands is actually being obedient to God. I am going to try to look at it like that instead. I need to give God my obedience. Hopefully that will be easier to do. Here I am trying to teach my children to obey and I teach them that the bible says to obey your parents but here I am not doing what the bible says. They are learning their rebellion from me. I have asked for forgiveness in this area. I am quite bossy with my husband, only because I feel like I am more organized and I do things right and get things done. I feel like nothing would get done if I didn't tell him what to do. I need to learn to let it go. I don't know how so I just gave it to God.
Three Years ago: January 2005:
I was pregnant with Sawyer and had just found out that we were having a boy. We had just moved back to California for Eric’s job. He had just finished his classes for his Masters degree.
Two Years ago: January 2006:
I just been diagnosed with sleep apnea and was trying to decide whether to stay on an anti-depressant for my post partum depression. My sons were still sensitive to death/dying and bad guy games. Oh, and my husband threw me the best birthday party EVER! It was an 80’s costume party for my 30th birthday. Eric even bleached his hair for a David Bowie effect. Great times! I also had started selling Pampered Chef and was doing quite well for a little bit.
One Year Ago: January 2007:
We still lived with Eric’s parents and we had gone on a media/book fast. Eric was looking for jobs in Oregon and got a really great job offer which they later retracted.
Six Months Ago: July 2007
I started court reporting school.
Three Months Ago: October 2007:
We went to the coolest pumpkin patch EVER. Our first guinea pig died. I carved my first pumpkin. My boys raked the leaves for the first time.
One Month Ago: December 2007:
We went to Disneyland. Received a beautiful piano for Christmas and had found out we were moving to NM.
Okay, that was fun. Now it's your turn.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Looking Back (survey)
at 8:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment