Monday, August 4, 2008

He is 7

This past weekend my oldest turned 7 years old. We have had a rough month together because we have been butting heads so much and he is really resistant to anything I have to say. I almost cancelled his birthday party two different times. I admit that alot of the problem is because he (and the rest of my children) are spoiled. I am starting to see the fruit of that. Oh the complaining! It just frustrates me so much!

So we ended up having the party and he was very thankful and I saw his sweet spirit poke through his strong will.

The night of his birthday I was tucking him in and I hugged him and said, "The day you were born you changed my life forever. That was the day I became a mother. I am so blessed that you are my son." He hugged me so tight and gave me a big kiss. I definitely felt our souls reconnecting. God is so faithful.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Submission is not easy sometimes. When they are young they try to push the limits. It is just good to remind them that they will always have a boss. Even Jesus had a boss, God. He had to submit to God's will for heaven to be possible. I have found that just reminding them works for a while... then they need to be reminded again.

Mindy said...

I can really understand how you feel. I am having similar issues with my daughters right now, seeing the effects of my spoiling. It's tough, but hang in there! So glad you were able to connect like that, and happy birthday to your little man!

Mindy said...

Please visit Shore's End for an important announcement and prayer request!

elizabeth embracing life said...

Oh, the joys of those willful spirits. How they test the waters of our mothering springs. I rest in knowing that my first two are amazing young adults, that at times they were spoiled. As they connected more with God they soon were able to grasp all the teachings that surrounded them. Praying that for your oldest.