Last night I had a rough night. I probably got 2 hours of sleep tops! Eric is out of town so it is all me 24/7 right now. I went to bed around 11 and just as I was falling asleep Sawyer woke up and he was really struggling. I thought surely he was going to wake up sick this morning, but he wasn't. Praise the Lord! All the boys ended up in my bed and they kicked and pushed and wiggled all night long.
I woke up very GRUMPY! I didn't want to take it out on the boys though so I fed them breakfast and then I told them to quietly play toys in their room so mommy could sleep for a couple of hours. Yeah right! Grant wanted to play in the backyard, but I told him no and that I wanted him to wait until I woke up. Two minutes later I hear the back door open. I have him come inside and I tell him that he has to stay on his bed the rest of the day. He can read books and go to the potty. He said, "What about eating lunch and dinner?" and I said, "I haven't decided if you are eating or not." Obviously I am totally sleep deprived at this point because my children have never missed a meal.
I go in my room and I decide that I should call my husband and get his input because I know I am not thinking straight. He convinced me that all day was far too long of a punishment. I let Grant sit in there for an hour and then I went in. He was just lying on his bed and when I said to him, "I changed my mind. You can come out now." Big tears just rolled down his cheeks and he said, "I think a miracle just happened." I asked what the miracle was and he said, "I prayed to God that you would change your mind so I wouldn't have to be in here all day and I read this book (it was a little children's devotional) and it talked about making the right choice...to obey and love God or to have my own way, and I choose to obey and love God."
How awesome that our God showed Himself to Grant this way. We hugged and had a great day after that. Then I went and made a pot of coffee and drank the whole pot in 1 hour. Usually I drink 1 cup of coffee every morning. The whole pot was a little much, but it did the job. I now have 3 peaceful, sleeping boys, snuggled in their own beds and I am going to bed.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
A miracle
at 7:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Oh Liberty, that made me cry! How absolutely sweet and what a blessing!! Sleep well!
Bless your heart! I think that is the sweetest story I've heard!
What a wonderful story! God is so good and he teaches us things in such beautiful and sweet ways.
Thank you for visiting my blog. I look forward to coming back and visiting with you again!
That actually gave me goose bumps. How sweet.
Found your blog via Overflow in Florida and had to laugh...we have twins that are now ten and I can totally relate to being exhausted...they're no. 4 & 5! The older ones are grown, but now it's more mental with them and physical with the younger ones...thank God for husbands that think rationally!!!
God bless!
Hi, Liberty. I finally made it over here! :)
What a wonderful testimony of God's grace. Your sweet boys are growing up to be Biblical thinkers!
*smiles* God has a way of teaching both parent and child many times. It's so neat to get a glimpse into that.
Blessing my dear to you and yours this Thanksgiving !
Post a Comment