Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rebuilding

Things are definitely better with Eli and I.

My husband put it best when he said, "Children are like muscles. You have to tear them down to build them back up. When you workout you are tearing the muscle down and then you need to give it time to heal so it can be stronger. During the healing process you give it some TLC, but you don't over-do it because then you will cripple it. With children you are tearing them down by teaching them not to be greedy and selfish, etc (not tearing down like putting them down and saying mean things) and then you let your love help heal and they come out stronger in the end."

I watched this happen with Eli after our battle the other day. He is stronger than ever, but in a positive way. Even though that was one of the most painful days so far in all of my motherhood, I would do it again. I feel like throwing up just thinking about it because it hurts to imagine that situation happening again.

I am thankful for my sweet boys and the little, young men that they are growing into. They are such a sweet blessing in my life.

On another note, I just have to say I am so thankful that gas prices are going down. We got to buy curtains for our house with how much money we have saved on gas. They are energy saving Roman shades. I had always wanted to make some, but I never had the time. I got them at Target and they were well worth the money. Our house was warmer this morning! :)

We also have some new pets....SEA MONKEYS! They have been fun to learn about and they are really fun to watch. The best thing is, you don't even have to clean their aquarium, you just aerate it. The boys haven't named them yet, but I am sure they will soon.

3 comments:

Kay said...

yay for Sea Monkeys! Those things rock! I'm also glad to 'hear' that you and Eli are alright!

Anonymous said...

your husband's muscle analogy was a good one. man, God bless you this week, those are hard some hard days! yet God is faithful. saying a quick prayer for you and your precious boys right now.
: )

Blessed Among Women said...

I'm glad that you can see a positive strongness in Eli. I may need your advice as Daniel gets older,he's VERY strong willed.