We have never taught our boys to believe in Santa, but we have told them about St. Nicholas and that Santa is a game that families play. Our boys always ask us if we can play the "Santa" game. One of my friends asked me last night, "Did you ever think that they were just asking so they could get more presents?" I honestly hadn't thought of that, but whatever. They get what they are going to get anyway, we just add Santa's name to a couple of them.
For some reason we hadn't really taught Sawyer that "Santa" wasn't real. We just got too busy with life and just assumed that he knew...because all 3 year olds want to be like their older siblings right, so why would he believe? Yesterday he asked me if we were going to go see Santa. I already had planned on taking them to a local play place today and Santa just happened to be there so it all worked out...kinda.
Sawyer is potty training, but he wears diapers when we go out in public, especially play places. I told him not to go poopy until after we see Santa. Only because I didn't want to have to stand in line and then deal with a poopy diaper in the midst of all of the Santa chaos. Santa wasn't coming until 2. We had been there since 11 playing and eating lunch. 2 o'clock rolls around...no Santa. 3 o'clock rolls around...no Santa. Finally at 3:15 Santa walks in. My boys are 2nd in line. It was a red couch so all three of them could go at the same time. The next thing I know Santa is calling the next kid in line and Sawyer comes up to me and I smell the unmistakable smell that only comes from him...it is funny how you recognize each child's poop smell! We high-tailed it out of there! You can't blame him though! Santa was over an hour late. :)
I just downloaded the pictures and this might be the proof!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Don't poop on Santa
at 8:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
haha! Santa looks thrilled! Poor Sawyer!
Oh Good HEAVENS That is FUNNY!
you are cracking me up today, I actually came over because the comment you left made me laugh out loud: "Mommy you can dance".
LOL! This cracked me up! Especially when I backed up a few lines to re read it and you said, "It was a red couch so all three of them could go at the same time." I know you didn't mean it that way...but lol...it still struck me funny.
I hate to say it but I bet it wouldn't have been the first time "Santa" would have been exposed to the joys of potty training.
Ha! I love it. I was thinking the same thing Kristi wrote: it's probably not the first time he's dealt with that.
Oh I am sure Santa has his share of poop sniffing. I know of another friend who had the same experience of waiting, waiting, and then getting to the front of the line with a poopy child. My children have yet to bless Santa in that way.
Oh Liberty, that's funny. Poor Santa!
Post a Comment