Tuesday, December 2, 2008

O Christmas Tree

We put our tree up and we have started our advent traditions. I love this time of year.

I recently bought a dramatized cd collection of the new testament for the boys and Grant has been soaking it up. He has a hard time falling asleep at night so he is hearing alot of it. The other boys are getting it subconsciously. :)

Well, the boys were raking leaves the other day and they got brooms to sweep the sidewalk and Grant started talking about David and Goliath and how the little broom that he was holding is the same as David. David was smaller than his brothers and everyone thougt he couldn't fight Goliath, but David knew he could with the power of God. Apparently that broom had the same power because it did a great job sweeping the sidewalk even though it was small. He was so serious when he told me this...like he had had a revelation or something. It was sweet!

Sawyer's favorite color lately is "lellow" (yellow). He is growing up so quickly. I am trying to cherish every moment. Luckily, all three are still in a snuggly phase of life. Hopefully that lasts a few more years. :(

I am looking into 4-H programs for the boys this year. We are getting chickens and a couple of pygmy goats next year. We will have our own eggs and milk, plus if there is extra the boys can sell it around the neighborhood. I figure they can do stuff for 4-H at the same time. They don't even know about 4-H, but they are excited about gathering eggs and milking the goats. What a great adventure! If anyone has any insight or advice PLEASE share.

I leave you with pictures of our "cowboy" christmas tree.

4 comments:

Kay said...

too cute! Your tree is beautiful and it's nice to hear that the boys are soaking up those bible stories!

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a beautiful tree! I just love this time of year!!! :D

We had Nubian and Pygmy goats. The Nubians were a dream to take care of, the pygmies were escape artists. Our fence had small (very small!!!) squares...and R2D2 always managed to squeeze through. We eventually just called him Hoodini (sp?). Also...the pygmies were a lot more needy than the Nubians. They're a cute goat...but lots more work than what I'd ever want to tackle again. Just a heads up. Our Nubians on the other hand, pretty much took care of themselves. We just dropped feed and filled the water in the morning and that was basically it. Oh, and once in awhile we'd shovel fresh hay in their shelter for bedding. You'll have more work with yours since you plan to milk them. I was too lazy to have milk goats & I wanted to be able to travel, so we kept things pretty basic. Good luck with it. I'm anxious to hear how it all goes.

Raina said...

How exciting about the goats! That will be a real experience for them (and for you as well.)

Your tree is beautiful. And so is your family.

Laurie said...

Hi. I came across your blog throught Korey. I just had to laugh at the "lellow" reference because my son says the same and just the other day I was trying to reassure my husband that he doesn't do it out of defiance to my husband's patient teaching. I almost can't bring myself to correct those little mishaps because they are growing rarer and they are just precious.