Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I am blessed

I had the most wonderful Christmas that I have ever had. Besides finding out that we are pregnant, my houseparents from the group home that I grew up in came to visit for a few days. They have always been like family to me. Even their children consider me their older sister. Their daughter was my maid of honor and their youngest son was my ring bearer. Their middle son was too shy to be in the wedding. The boys had a wonderful Christmas as well. Here are some pictures of the past couple of weeks.

This was Eli’s favorite Christmas present that he has been asking for since this past summer. He is almost finished building it. He has become a very serious lego builder.



Grant is into entomology right now. I decided that he should start with live bugs and we will work up to the killing and labeling. He wants to dissect them. He is quite the little scientist. Besides this praying mantis kit he also got an ant farm, and an earthworm farm. When I received these presents in the mail I pulled the info to order the bugs and that night I had nightmares of bug larva climbing up my arm and into my hair. I think Eric will be dealing with the bug stuff. It is not for me. I will watch from afar with a magnifying glass!


This was Sawyer’s favorite. Lately, he has been making a whip out of anything he can find so he was pretty excited to have a “real” Indiana Jones whip with sound effects. This is his serious Indiana Jones face.


Their big gift was from their Nana and Papa….A TRAMPOLINE!



The boys built a gingerbread house




Christmas week we got a little bit of snow and we built a snowman. We named him Pigpen because he was so dirty



Here is my family that came to visit. It was a sweet, peaceful time.


Don’t mind the blood on Eli’s forehead. We went sledding and his head hit Sawyer’s snow boot.

Eli got an art kit for his birthday. His favorite thing in the world is art. He draws and creates every single day. Mom was teaching him how to draw a horizon.




Eli’s turn


Uncle Cliff and Grant

Grant was wrestling with Uncle Kevin every chance he got. I had to make him stop to smile for this picture.



Aunt Ashley

Their hair matches!


Even the dogs love them!


Sawyer loved snuggling with Grandpop



Sawyer listening to Grandpop’s wisdom

4 comments:

Kay said...

What a beautiful family! I'm so glad that you and your boys had such a great Christmas...and I think I'd let my husband deal with the bugs too *wrinkles nose*.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are blessed! Congratulations!!!

My son is a serious lego builder as well. This year he was so happy to add 3 new sets to his growing collection. Once we get moved into our new home we want to design him a lego room that makes all of his building and displaying much easier. He also got a butterfly house. We will get to watch the butterfly grow through all of the stages. He is excited.

Michele said...

Liberty-I found your blog from my friend Jodi. Some time ago I saw a fast on your blog and saved the post to my favorites but can't find it now. Can you send me a link? It looked just like what I have been looking for and praying about.
Michele
fireplug23@windstream.net
Congrats on the new baby!

Jen Price said...

Looks like our Christmas! My son LOVES legos and our kids got a new trampoline as well! We tried to do a homemade gingerbread house but it flopped!