This morning when the boys woke up I pretended like we were in a time machine and we went into the future and we pretended it was Christmas morning. They opened their presents and had a wonderful day playing with their new treasures.
On December 25th I will make Christmas dinner and we will celebrate the birth of Jesus with birthday cake and all.
I don't know why, but I never make it until Christmas to open presents. I didn't even have any presents to open, I just wanted my boys to open theirs. It brought me so much joy to see their excitement as they saw things they had asked for and some surprises that they didn't. They were so grateful this year. This must be evidence of them growing up.
I took the Christmas tree down tonight. It felt good for that part to be over. Am I crazy?
Saturday, December 20, 2008
I never make it
at 9:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Maybe not crazy, but obviously excited. That's awesome!
Well, I just wanted to officially say hi and bye. That is, I see that you follow my blog and I wanted to take the time before the year is over to say thank you for visiting my place. I hope to get to know you and the others who visit my blog better in 2009.
May the Lord bless you as you continue to serve and worship HIM!
Merry Christmas,
Sheila
You took your tree down?! No fair, I want mine down, too!!!!
My sister never makes it either, I'm surprised her kids didn't rip their gifts open at Thanksgiving!
Glad you enjoyed the time with your boys!
What a GREAT idea!!
I have never opened presents before Christmas. I was upset when my husband suggested opening our presents on Christmas Eve (apparently something his family did or has done). But to each is own ;) I have to say that I've never had our tree taken down before January. But as long as your boys had fun I don't think it matters, and you are NOT crazy. Just excited! :D
I love the backdrop of your blog. I wish I knew how to change it like that.
I came really close to giving the boys their presents today but I am dreading taking the tree down. It is the first year in quite a few where I actually think it turned out pretty and I don't know if it will come down until after January is well on its way.
I love it! I'm a big fan of following the Spirit even when it means breaking with cultural tradition - I think it helps our kids understand the meaning behind what we do.
Post a Comment