Tuesday, December 23, 2008

EGLES

Awhile back my husband figured out that if we combine the first letters of each of our names (Eric, Grant, Liberty, Eli, Sawyer) that it spells EAGLES minus the A. So he has always said that if we have another child it would have to have a name that starts with an "A". That is fine and dandy, but there aren't any "A" boy names that we agree on and since all we have is boys I decided that Hooked on Phonics works for me and we don't need an "A" name!

We have certain rules when it comes to naming our children. The first name cannot end with an "N" sound because of our last name it ends up sounding funny. Meanings of names are very important to us as well. For instance, I have always loved the name Cody and when we were pregnant with our first son I desperately wanted to name him that. We looked it up and it meant "cushion". Eric said, "We are not naming our son after a couch!" So meaning was always important. Another rule is that the name cannot be in the top 100 popular names. Also, we always try to figure out any nicknames that people can come up with to make sure that it doesn't rhyme with anything crude or mean.

Since we are anticipating that this will be a girl since Grant has been praying for this child/ren :) I have been focusing on girl "A" names. I always thought that Aquilla and Priscilla were sisters in the bible and I thought that would be cute twin names. Then I found out that Aquilla was Priscilla's husband. I still can't believe that it is a man's name. So I decided that Aquilla would make a great girl's name and I like it. We decided to look up the meaning and it means "EAGLE". Is that a confirmation? Eric says that we can call her Quill fo short. So what do you think? Does anyone have any suggestions for "A" names for either gender?

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I really like...
Abigal
Annie
Anne

We always named our children according to the meaning of the name. I do like your choice as well!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes,

Adeline!

And, I even have a pretty ballerina shoe Christmas ornament personalized with that name to give her!!

Why do I have such an ornament you ask?

Well, we ordered an ornament for Melina, and it arrived with Adeline's name instead. The woman at Miles Kimball said to just donate the ornament, but see Liberty, it must be meant to be--Adeline!

Anonymous said...

Aquilla definitely has a cool story attached to it. Two other girl names I like are Ashlyn and Addilyn (Addie). Oh, but those both end in "n". Not good huh? How about Avery for a boy?

Anonymous said...

Alyssa or Adam...???

Our middle names spell out Brad...and Bradley happens to be my hubby's middle name. Purely accidental. I was filling out forms when the kids were little when I realized it. I still think that's cool. It's like it was meant to be. :)

I know you're done with Christmas, but since it's Christmas Eve, I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas anyway. God bless!

Kay said...

That is an interesting name and maybe is a sign from God. I found the name Alyzabeth which I think is too cute! It's Hebrew and means my God is a vow.

Blessed Among Women said...

That's pretty cool Liberty!!

I like Audrey,Abigail, and Aimie.